After the first month of the new year, it seems that a lot of us begin to lose motivation. More often than not, we grind so hard to make big life changes, only to find we burn out so soon after starting. As we’ve discussed before, your emotional health is critical in influencing your physical health. So, let’s discuss the best ways to recharge your emotional wellness in order to stay motivated!
The Fear of Health
When you are healthy, it is common to have a fear of becoming “unhealthy”. This could be through the means of internal sickness, like a prolonged flu, heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s, or other diseases. It can also be quantified as a retreat to old habits – like drinking more soda than water or stopping exercising. There tends to be a habit in which we “stay stuck” in our sicknesses, even when our bodies are physically fine. Another way to think about this is that friend who always wants to lose another 5 pounds. No matter how many pounds they’ve already shed, it isn’t enough as they still see themselves as overweight.
Basically, what we’re saying, is that a person can completely change their physical self. But if they don’t also change mentally, they will stay stuck in the same mindset that they had before the physical change. This is why we must all take the time to mentally recharge. We can eat all the kale and drink all the water, but if we aren’t dealing with our emotional being, we aren’t ever going to feel the best we can.
Emotional and mental wellness influence the way we feel about ourselves, others, and life in general. They are the means by which we interpret the world. Think about the times you haven’t gotten enough sleep, are stressed out, and have yet to have your coffee. The world seems much bleaker, right? But when you’re restored, recovered and feeling positive? The sky is bluer, and the world seems much more manageable and optimistic.
Health Moves Forward, So Get Out of the Past
A way to recharge our emotional wellness is to remove judgments of the past. How often have you had the thought of wishing you were your high school weight? Or reminiscing on the times you had more energy, or you back didn’t hurt so much? It’s during those moments that it’s crucial to remember that our health can only move forward. This is why for many people, when they lose the weight or come out on top of a battle with a disease, it can be hard to know who they are now. It’s impossible to stay the person you were before “sickness” intervened. Which is why a mental recharge may be just what you need!
Recharging Your Emotional Wellness
There are a few things we suggest in regard to recharging your emotional wellness:
- Change old habits (slowly) – when certain habits lead you down a path that doesn’t lead to thriving, it’s time to change them. Look at these habits individually and slowly begin to change them in accordance with the life you want to lead. If you want to cut drinking and eliminate screen time, opt for a good book and your favorite cup of tea every other night.
- Remove beliefs that hold you down – as humans that are a part of a society and culture, we are made up of belief systems. These systems have stemmed from both positive and negative experiences. In regard to self-improvement, you need to let go of the ideals that hold you down. This allows you to be open to new beliefs that lift you up and increase your quality of life.
- Say “no” – we know one of the hardest things to do is tell others “no”. But more often than not, saying yes to everyone means less time for you to recharge and give those people your best. Set boundaries and preserve yourself in the ways you need to.
- Remove toxins and stress – in any format this applies to, we encourage you to remove it. If it’s a toxic or stressful friendship, you have every right to address it and reframe it as necessary. Same for the products you use, the food you eat, and the things you choose to spend your time and money on. If they bring you stress or add negativity to your life, they probably aren’t worth it.
Let Zock Family Chiropractic Help You Recharge Your Emotional Wellness!
Part of achieving our best physical and emotional health is through chiropractic care and massage therapy. Chiropractic care is focused on allowing our spine and nerves to work to their potential. This results in not only allowing our organs to function but for them to function to their best ability. Dr. Zock would love to discuss your concerns in regard to resetting your health. Her vast knowledge of natural supplementation and body processes make her a great guide in helping you make the best choices for your body. Contact our office in Cranberry today to schedule an introductory chiropractic treatment session. We can discuss your pains and needs as part of my initial chiropractic workup for you as a new patient to our practice!
* This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please contact a medical professional for advice.